Do you want to get involved? Well, we have the perfect chance for you to help make the TCFStyle Expo a success!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
Volunteering provides an opportunity for you, the fellow fashion lover, to help the TCFStyle Expo run smoothly for attendees, sponsors, and our vendors! Applications will go live at the top of the year and we suggest that you sign up for our newsletter to be the first to get the details and announcements!
Dates to Know:
- 2019 TCFStyle Expo is Saturday, August 10th and Sunday, August 11th.
- Shifts will start as early as Friday, August 9th.
- The Venue is the Omni Hotel
What you will receive as a Volunteer:
- A 2019 TCFStyle Expo T-shirt
- General admission into the Expo, the Panel Discussions, and select events
- A Volunteer Gift Bag
The policies below outline guidelines and procedures that will allow the TCFStyle volunteer experience to be beneficial to both the TCFStyle Expo and its volunteers.
Volunteer Guidelines & Requirements
RECRUITMENT & ELIGIBILITY
Volunteers for the TCFStyle Expo are selected on the basis of:
- Ability to perform the volunteer position (experience, knowledge, skills);
- Ability to work a minimum of 2 4-hour shifts;
- Ability and willingness to attend mandatory training;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a positive attitude; and
- A heartfelt desire to serve
The TCFStyle Expo volunteers as a whole, will be referred to as our “Style Squad,” and are considered representatives of the TCFStyle Expo for the entirety of the expo, and are therefore asked to present themselves accordingly. In exchange for their service, volunteers will receive a complimentary Influencer All-Access Pass to the expo. This includes access to all panels, conference meals and a swag bag!
- All volunteers are required to work 2 four-hour shifts over the course of the expo.
- Every attempt will be made to place volunteers in positions that meet both their needs (free time to attend sessions of interests and enjoy the expo) and the needs of the expo.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will determine the status and assign the volunteer time and location for all Volunteers. However, flexibility is key as volunteer shifts are subject to change based on the needs/interests of the TCFStyle Expo staff.
- Known conflicts should be identified in the volunteer application.
- Volunteers are required to attend the mandatory on-site Volunteer Orientation before performing any of their duties. Volunteers will receive basic knowledge and training for their position.
- Volunteers will be notified of specific orientation times/location at a later date.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive at all assigned posts at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of each shift, and to check in at the expo registration desk upon arrival.
- While volunteers are welcome to shop and attend the expo, volunteers may be asked to assist with unscheduled tasks as needed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, assisting with additional tasks does not replace any scheduled volunteer responsibilities.
- Volunteers will not receive travel assistance or travel reimbursement to and from the expo location.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Performance Concerns and Dismissal
All volunteers are expected to maintain high standards of productivity, cooperation, and attendance. TCFStyle Expo accepts the service of volunteers with the understanding that enthusiasm, energy, and positive attitudes are expected for a well-managed and successful volunteer experience. Please Note: Please do not inquire about the status of your application. We will contact those who are a great match. If your travel plans are contingent upon your application status, please consider purchasing a ticket to the Expo instead of volunteering. Thank you so very much!